MAPA FEE POLICY
I AGREE to pay the annual registration fees for each student that I enrol at MAPA Australia. I understand this fee covers the cost of administration, copyright and insurance costs and is non-refundable.
I UNDERSTAND this same fee applies throughout the year and if I choose to enrol in Term 4. ie. The full amount is still payable.
I AGREE to pay the annual production levy of $70 per family enrolled at MAPA Australia. This fee will be separated into two payments of $35 in Term 2 and $35 in Term 4. I understand this fee covers the cost of Theatre Hire, lighting, audio and visual equipment, props, technical and professional staff including videographers, photographer and editing.
I AGREE that my tuition fees for each term must be paid in full prior to commencing the term. Should I wish to pay by Direct Debit, I understand that MAPA can assist with a fortnightly payment option plan. If I require a payment plan, I will enquire further and discuss the available options.
I UNDERSTAND that discounts apply only to full term enrolments.
I AGREE in the event my Term tuition fees are not paid in accordance with the due date that an additional $10 late fee for each week my fees are not paid after the due date, will be due and payable by me.
I AGREE in order to secure my position and confirm my registrations in my selected classes, a non refundable fee of $150.00 must be paid. This fee will be used towards my term fees.
I UNDERSTAND my registration will not be confirmed until I pay this $150 and MAPA will hold a place for me for only 7 days pending payment.
I AGREE that all term fees are non-refundable. If exceptional circumstances apply (i.e. Prolonged illness/injury, move to another state, etc.) a refund may be issued at MAPA Australia’s discretion. Any Requests for refunds must be made in writing.
I AGREE to inform reception or our teacher as soon as I know my child will be away. I understand there is no refund for missed classes. Any classes missed I can be make up by attending another class on the timetable within the enrolled term. I will speak to staff if I need to arrange this.
I UNDERSTAND that some class will reach maximum capacity and I may not be able to register into all my preferred classed. If this occurs I will be informed of an alternative class or placed on the class waiting list if this is suitable for me.
CODE OF CONDUCT
I UNDERSTAND and AGREE that being part of MAPA Australia we are expected to uphold a high level of excellence in our behavior and the way we treat others at all times. I AGREE to abide and honour the Code of Conduct. I will use my best endeavors to discuss and ensure my child understands and abides by the Student Code of Conduct.
Please be mindful of your behaviour and your language and always act in a courteous, polite and respectful manner towards others. We ask that you set an example for our students by being a positive role model to your children:
- Bring your children at least 15 minutes prior to commencement of class and rehearsals to allow sufficient time for them to prepare (use the bathroom, change, warm up, etc.).
- Notify staff if you are going to arrive late, or if your child will be away on any class/rehearsal days.
- You are responsible for ensuring your child arrives safely. Please accompany younger children inside the building and discuss with older children the safety measure they should take when travelling on their own, (e.g. Have them call/text you when they arrive).
- Parent must inform staff if their child is sick or has sustained an injury. Depending on the severity, students are still encouraged to come and observe class/rehearsals, so they do not fall behind.
- Never use foul, negative or insulting language.
- Maintain a positive attitude and give uplifting feedback to your children and other dancers.
- Trust and respect the professional advice/assessment/opinion of staff and teachers. Parents who are consistently rude, disruptive or disrespectful spoil the experience for other parents and students may be asked to leave MAPA and permanently remove their child(ren) from class(es). Under these circumstances, there will be no refund of fees.
- Never use foul, negative or insulting language.
- Act in a respectful manner towards staff, teachers, parents and other students.
- Listen and follow the instructions given by their teacher at all times. Students who are consistently rude, disruptive, disrespectful or refuse to follow instructions, spoil classes for other students and may, after consultation with parents, be permanently removed from classes. Under these circumstances, there will be no refund of fees.
I AGREE that MAPA Australia reserves the right to cancel the enrolment of a child for the following reasons:
Non-payment or excessive late payment of fees, which has not been negotiated with the director
Child has special needs which we cannot adequately meet with our current staff and teachers
Physical and/or verbal abuse of staff or children, by a parent or child.
I UNDERSTAND and AGREE that dance classes can involve risk of personal injury. While MAPA Australia takes all responsible care in the conduct of its classes, rehearsals and workshops, I AGREE it accepts no responsibility for personal injury, property damage, or loss caused during classes or whilst participants are at or near MAPA Australia. I AGREE that I am responsible for ensuring that my child/children are physically and medically fit for the class and during the class and must at all times take care of their own personal safety and belongings.
I authorise MAPA Australia to act on my behalf in case of emergency and seek medical assistance including ambulance if necessary and I agree to cover any costs incurred.
I give permission for my child to be photographed and/or filmed by MAPA Australia at events throughout the year and to use these pictures on the MAPA website, MAPA newsletters, social media and in-house message boards.