MAPA’s classical ballet program is designed for highly committed and passionate students who wish to achieve their greatest potential in the world of dance. We’re committed to providing strong technical foundations in a cost effective way so that students can immerse themselves deeply within their study of classical ballet.
- Open to both Junior (8-12 years) and Senior (13-18 years).
- Acceptance is by audition only.
- Auditions are held once a year in November/December.
- Each program accepts 20-25 students per year to ensure our students get the best hands on training.
- Designed for aspiring ballerinas who want to achieve excellence.
- Students train Tue, Wed, Thu & Sat every week.
- Program runs for the duration of the school year (approx. 40 weeks).
- Students must commit to 90% attendance.
- Students accepted into these programs will have the opportunity to work closely with various well known Australian and international choreographers, providing personal mentoring and guidance.
Training curriculum includes:
- Classical ballet
- Pas de deux
- Pointe preparation
- Body conditioning
- Nutrition advice
- Ballet and contemporary history
- Audition techniques
- Hair and makeup training
- Student mentoring
Follow MAPA Ballet
Ballet class is like life lessons 101. You learn some of life’s most important lesson here that you will carry with you forever.”
~Joanna H. Moescher
Read our Ballet Blog on Mental Health in Dancers